... It Begins!

 

Drop-off at John Glenn Columbus International Airport (5/25) 

Hello everyone,

Welcome to my travel blog! I've never created a travel blog before (or blogged at all for that matter), so bare with me as I try to figure out the best way to do this and update all of you about my upcoming adventure. 


So here it goes: I'm officially on my way to Nairobi before traveling to Mpala Research Center in Laikipia County, Kenya. This is the site where I'll be spending the next six weeks working. I'm writing this post from the JFK airport in New York and will soon be boarding my connecting flight to Amsterdam. 

I made this trip to Kenya once before when I was 8 years old, and I couldn't be more excited to make it again 13 years later. This time, a few things are different, but the "itch" to adventure remains. 

For anyone who isn't familiar, the link to Mpala's website is here: mpala.org

I will include this link at the top of the blog as well, and I encourage everyone to check out all of the incredible research that goes on at Mpala if you get the chance. 

I'll update this blog as regularly as I can while I'm abroad and it will serve as my main form of communication to everyone about this trip. I'll do my best to respond to comments if there are any, and I hope that you have as much fun reading this blog as I'll have writing it. 


Cheers to a new (but familiar) adventure!

- Charlie 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrival at Mpala

My First Day Off - Hiking Mount Kenya!